- Phridge's cars look good behind any era loco, electric, diesel or steam.
- All parts pre-cut for precise fit and are self aligning
- Only basic hand tools required for assembly.
- All holes jig-drilled for uniformity.
- With straightforward construction, our kits make great "Father/Son"
or "Grandfather/Grandson" projects.
- Couplers are solid (non opening) made to IBLS standards by Railroad
Supply Inc. and are pre-installed in Plum Cove Studios coupler pockets,
ready for action.
- Extremely rugged, these Phridge cars will last.
- Sprung/Equalized sideframes allow ± .5 inch deflection for each
wheel for great tracking.
- Standard springs allow for 400 lb load. Fit your own springs for greater
- All kits come with cast iron wheels CNC machined and pressed on axles
to the gauge you specify
(7.25-7.5 or custom).
- Our Arch Bar sideframes and bolsters are
constructed just like the prototype, not cast.
- Each pair of trucks includes top and bottom bolsters, ready to be bolted
onto our Phridge car kits
or on your home-brew car.
- Decorative hardware is attached with special slot-less hex bolts, which
give the appearance of full-scale bolts and washers.
- Phridge's reefers make dandy toy boxes for kids of any age.
YOU CANT BUILD IT ANY CHEAPER!
Even veteran craftsmen admit theyd be hard
pressed to make a comparable railroad car for less money. Plum Cove Studios
proudly offers these cars including cast iron wheels CNC machined
to IBLS standards and real arch bar trucks -- for barely more than the street
value of the component parts.
YOU CANT BUILD IT QUICKER!
Combined, the engineers at Plum Cove Studios have been in the model railroad
hobby for over 65 years... constantly searching for the quickest and easiest
way to build model rolling stock. The Whreephur D. Phridge design is the
culmination of that tireless research. Combined with "real-world"
design principles, our Phridge Car is an excellent tracking, perfectly-proportioned
workhorse able to hauls heavy loads -- all from a kit that assembles in
less than a week.
YOU CANT BUILD IT EASIER!
All youll need to assemble the kit -- from
start to finish -- is a hammer, drill, screw driver, pliers, socket drivers
and basic painting supplies. If you put your own socks on, youve got
the aptitude to assemble the Whreephur D. Phridge. All holes are pre-drilled
in special jigs to assure uniformity. Each kit comes complete with illustrated
instructions. A "help line" phone number is also included just
WHY BUY A PHRIDGE CAR?
THE PHRIDGE CAR: ANOTHER MOST VERSATILE
CAR ON THE RAILROAD!
Phridge Cars are the simplest, most versatile cars
on the railroad. Any railroad veteran will tell you that every car has a
purpose... but none is as adaptable as the Phridge Car. A Phridge Car can
carry everything. Carry cool adult beverages with your bologna sandwich!
No other car on the railroad is as versatile as the Whreephur D. Phridge
Car except possibly the Phinneas T. Phlatt car!.
For extra options & shipping details: call, fax
Plum Cove Studios
Paul Pool, 19 Linwood Place, Gloucester, MA 01930
Phone: 978 865 6727